Monday, August 15, 2011

And so it begins....


The idea for a foodie blog was born from a good, dare I say happy, place. Why the “fight” in the title then? I’ll get to that. I’m no chef mind you – I’m a cook – and I think I do more right than wrong in the kitchen. I subscribe to and read Cooks MagazineSaveur, Bon Appétit and until recently Gourmet. (Rest in peace,, Gourmet.) I watch the Food Network, get annoyed at most of it, welcome some of it, and continue watching because Mad Men has been on hiatus for WAY too long. I try adventurous recipes, I mix a killer cocktail, I steel my knives, I own a mandolin – wait am I getting ahead of myself?
When some friends (yes, I have friends and they’ve actually eaten my food) said, “You really should be blogging Sharon.” I thought, (picture a thought cloud,) Yes, I should.
Now, here comes the “fight” part. My pain in the rear/best friend/frenemy chimed in. “What the heck do you know about how working moms and regular people cook? If you’re going to blog, then I’m going to be right there with you, telling you how you’ve got it wrong, and maybe, on a very rare occasion, when you get it right.”
Sigh, I knew it couldn’t be so easy, but then what fun would pontificating from on high be, without someone like….ahhem….Kris (she’s like my Voldemort/foodie kryptonite) to bring me back to the ground.  
I hope many of you will play along too. Let the Food Fight begin, DING!
-Sharon

No comments: