Monday, August 15, 2011

I cannot tell a lie - MAMA, I like tomatoes.

This post is to let you know mom, that YES, I DO LIKE TOMATOES.  I'm out of the closet completely with my new found tomato love.
Here's what I purchased at the Braintree Farmers Market & what I made for the cookout on Culloden Drive.
The cherry tomatoes, 5 leaves roughly chopped basil, 3 cloves of the garlic, thinly sliced shallot (you could use red onion) and a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper.

We grilled the bread and sliced it for dipping!  It was wonderful...

2 comments:

Michelle Eli said...

So easy and fabulous...made the other night with basil and tomatoes from garden and added fresh mozarella pieces right before serving with bread. To die for!!! Thanks!!!

Sharon Lee said...

So glad Michelle....next will be something more challenging! You WILL succeed.....did you have ethnically diverse tomatoes or were they monochrome rojas?