Monday, August 15, 2011

My Sangria is HAPPY, Yours?


Hello it’s Sharon–56% prettier in sepia tones.
It’s been a hot one in Canton this summer, and although most days I have my hands in the flower beds weeding (not really) or on the keyboard facebooking (really,) when I finally get to sit out on my comfy patio chair, I love to drink an icy glass of homemade sangria. I’m not talking about that pre-bottled foul swill, I mean the sweaty, overflowing pint glass of goodness so full with fruit it’s like eating a fruit salad. Sangria is simple to make and can take many shapes (wondertwin powers activate.)
I love red wine sangria, so that’s the recipe I’m giving you here. But mix it up, you can make a delicious white wine sangria if that’s your pleasure. It’s easy with the plentiful stone fruit of summer. (Note to Kris: those are the fruits that have a giant stone or pit inside, like peaches & plums.) Here is the recipe for some of the most refreshing stuff you’ve ever sipped. Kris, perhaps you can serve this up to The Guild, and see what happens to their quilt work? And check out this picture, even the sangria looks happy!
Recipe at the end of Kris's babble.....ho hum, try to hang on for it.

No comments: